Thread: Today's matches
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 15:23   #126
accy visitor
Junior Member+

Re: Today's matches

As a Hereford fan, this thread makes a fascinating read! Some facts for some of you who weren't at the game:-

1. You are 16 points clear of your nearest rivals. Our Manager conceded that if we didn't beat you yesterday that the title was all but won. Yes it is a nerve wracking run in but the way that some of you are 'talking' you would think that you are facing relegation not promotion. The championship is yours for the taking - for goodness sake enjoy your best season in years!!

2. There are often two sides to any controversial decision - that's often what makes football such a talking point. The sending off of Ventri (I hope I have spelt this correctly) was certainly pivotal in the game. CHck out the photon on our fans forum and judge for yourself.

3. The six minutes added on were for injuries to your players and some of the actions of your bench who twice held up play by calling for a substitution and not making it.

4. Your keeper was outstanding - one penalty save and two one handed saves, one when he was diving the wrong way immediately spring to mind. And this was despite him taking a knock earlier in the game.

5. You looked very lively up front - some very neat interplay. It makes a change for us Hereford fans to see Brown stay on his feet when a ball came his way rather than going to going to ground almost every time which he did when he was with us.

6. We could and should have won this game although having gone two nil down we looked dead and buried. Some match facts for you from the Non-League paper:-
Shots on target - Hereford 11 Accy 2
Shots off target - Hereford 4 Accy 4
Corners - Hereford 11 Accy 7
Fouls conceded - Hereford 11 Accy 20

We had a goal disallowed, at least one cleared off the line, two great saves by your keeper and a second penalty appeal turned down.
Need I say more!

7. All credit to your fans who made the long trip and got behind your team. I suspect that there may be a shortage of loo rolls in your area over the next few days, though.

8. Coleman upset a lot of people with his antics such as time wasting during the game and taunting the Hereford fans at the end of the game. It is a shame that someone who has achieved so much this season should resort to this.

Finally, it will be great to see such a 'famous old name' as 5 Live put it go back into the football league. I just hope that you have a better pre-season next season than you did this one!
accy visitor is offline   Reply With Quote