Thread: How many???
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2006, 15:29   #33
accymel
I am Banned

Re: How many???

People forget this is like anywhere in life you have your confident sorts & your shy ones, welcoming new members is polite & friendly introducing the newbie & yourself as respondant. As its the first port of call for newbies its quite reassuring to be welcomed as i was & gradually that person feels at home & more confident to post more, till they get into the swing of things, some people are more talkative posters than others .

Im regular but dont live in here as much as i used to be hence i have to do a catch up to refer to booster postages of introduce yourself welcomes, sorry would rather say hi than feel i couldnt because im behind on postages otherwise i think i would disappear I can appreciate the hard work of moderators cos im one myself on another forum & it isn't an easy job, certainly when as mantrabooks say the forum should be personality/personal vetting, well i use vetting in my forum but mainly for verifying email addys & get to know the person a bit before acceptance being subject to requirements of the group site - but even then its not a guarentee of identity/ID safety!!! Generally moderators job is to maintain status quo within the group, any rules in place adhered to, management of forum activity & stop abuse of the forum & its members & anything else that acccyweb mods need to do within the forum but also human [i think lol]

Again like real life you encounter alsorts why do people think the web is any different

Last edited by accymel; 17-03-2006 at 15:31.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote