View Single Post
Old 30-03-2006, 15:09   #10
Dan
Senior Member+

Re: Moment of the season up to now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
Accy v Morecambe at the IES for me
It was the most brilliant display of colour by the Ultras I've ever seen.The place was absolutely electric...and Dan Jewell in a yellow 2BR t-shirt & mickey mouse ears was definitely a sight!!!
What yellow shirt? Ears? I have no recollection of any such stupid attire...

Best moment of the season up to now is a tough one to pick. Perhaps Rob Heys arguing with a septuagenarian whilst doing summarising at York last Saturday.
Or Hobby's immense minibus driving skills - crossing 6 lanes on the M1 on the way down to Gravesend
Or maybe the look on Gray's defender Andrew Sambrook's face when Gary Roberts back-heeled the ball around him to set up Mullin's goal.

However overwhelmingly my moment of the season occurs every time I hear the noise coming from the Ultras at away games. Even in a press box at the other side if the ground, and wearing headphones, somehow I can still always here why Accrington is wonderful, or which opposition player is getting the most stick. Shakermaker used the word pride. I agree completely. It's a privilege to travel with and be associated with these supporters.

Despite occasional instances of drunkenness and embarrassment!!!!!!!!
<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" oreferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <vath o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:12pt; height:12pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/DKJEWE~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:12pt;height:12pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/DKJEWE~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image002.gif" o:href="http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->
But I hope I'm not alone in thinking that the best moment of the season is yet to come...

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote