View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 09:55   #150
AccyRach

Re: Blanket Smoking Ban

I read on a website (thesite.org, I think) that the government had "not yet made a decision" about smoking in cars carrying passengers. If they decide that I can't have a fag in my own car because I'm giving someone a lift, sod the lift! How will this affect car pooling - another way they are trying to cut down on congestion and pollution?
And where on earth can you smoke in a hospital?!? Next time I go for a check-up at Queen's Park Hospital, I won't even be allowed to have one in their car park with my windows rolled up (giving me the maximum benefit from my very expensive fag!) I can see it now - all us smokers 'waiting' on double yellow lines at the entrance to the car park with our engines running so that we don't get a parking ticket. Two pollutants for the price of one
Someone beat me to the date rape drug in your unattended drink comment, but I will add that I see a few people leave their drinks with bouncers in pubs to go outside to make a phone call - what happens if all the smokers have to do that now? A bouncer babysitting 20 pints goes off to extracte a drunken troublemaker, and gets sued by the person who's drink gets spiked because he left in his care?
Insurance companies are going to make a mint too it seems.
AccyRach is offline   Reply With Quote