View Single Post
Old 18-04-2006, 13:46   #170
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Smoking near children should be a punishable offence!

Quote:
If I was a politician that would be a different matter and I would do something about it but even if I get elected I won't be in a position to make a difference to any of those issues. I'm going for local council not parliament!
Politician - noun a person who is professionally involved in politics, especially as a holder of an elected office.
You may not be in office yet Gayle but you are standing for an official office as a local councillor. That makes you a prospective politician. So if you get elected into office will you do something about the pollution in the atmosphere? I guess not because as you state you won’t be in a position to make any difference.
Quote:
If you feel so strongly about it what are you doing apart from sounding off about it on here? Have you lobbied your MP, have you written to the Prime Minister, have you got in touch with any organisations that are working to ban cars and transport?

My MP has had several communications about my pollution point. Sadly she hasn’t even seen fit to acknowledge receipt let alone actually reply. But what else can you expect from Labour.

By the way why shouldn’t I, as you put it, sound off on here? Isn’t that what a forum is for – to put forward a point of view? You sounded off about a young mum strapping her kids into a car with a fag in her gob. I suppose that you lobbied your MP about passive smoking?

If we really did breathe pure air without any pollutants all the various studies into passive smoking would have some substance. As it is passive smoking can only be a probable cause to respiratory diseases. Science is not infallible.