View Single Post
Old 19-04-2006, 17:07   #5
Madhatter
God Member

Re: Snitching On Your Neighbours

Jam butty, I don't believe for one second that you'd waste water if a ban came in up there. Anybody with a brain down there wouldn't be wasting water, as they've had a water shortage for months now, you may recall someone on here mentioning it after I discussed it in chat. The situation is very unusual, and is likely to persist for some considerable time, the government will more than likely have to intervene and pump extra cash in. Fixing the leaks would be a good start but that won't solve the water shortage, and a pipeline from here or up your way would be very expensive to build.
Imagine the whole of London without water, no water no sewerage, but not just London, the whole of the south east, and its spreading.
Therefore I don't think the ban is unreasonable or to ask people to grass others up is.
It's the actual ban thats messed up. I can leave an outside tap running 24/7 but not if i attach a 6 inch piece of hosepipe. I can't use a hosepipe with a trigger on the end, or automatic watering systems that deliver fixed amounts of water straight to a plants roots, but I can wet the surface with a watering can.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote