View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 11:15   #148
JohnW

Re: Creationism versus Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
The different languages came about at the building of the Tower of Babel. Hebrew would have been just one of the many languages.

Jews are descendants of Judah, son of Jacob, son of Abraham. God is not a Jew. Jews didn't exist in th beginnng, nor did any race or nationality.

Circumcision was introduced as a sign of a covenant between God and his chosen people.

Some covenant eh? OK you chosen people of mine, I'm giving all the oil to the Arabs and you guys are all going to have a couple of inches chopped off your d***s.

If you don't believe in him then why would you believe anyone is condemning you to anything? If you do believe that someone is condemning you to somethng then surely it follows that you must believe in him?

Not so. You obviously believe in him and so, as you are aware that I don't, you must consider that I am going to hell. Therefore, if he is there and I am wrong, I am being condemned to hell. QED. Yet, if he is there, I am still supposed to be one of his children and he is supposed to be my ever loving, all powerful father. As I said before, I love my children too much to condemn them to an eternity of misery.

JohnW

Last edited by JohnW; 04-05-2006 at 15:49.
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote