View Single Post
Old 23-05-2006, 11:27   #15
Madhatter
God Member

Re: Weighing in schools

Well I'm limited in experience cos I haven't got kids, but I think they deserve to be looked after better than they are being at school, compared to our day health wise they get neglected, the schools have become about providing a BASIC eduction, when I was at school it was about making sure you were as physically fit as you could be in the long term, about making sure you were as fit as you could be in school so you can learn, about teaching right from wrong. It's not about fat/thin, it's about health. A lot of these parents don't even know they're doing anything wrong, they don't know how to look after kids nowdays, they have to be told by letters, explained. We've got a mother and child centre here that teaches young mums how to look after their kids, teaches child care, and it's very successfully. In a world were we can't even discipline our kids anymore, it's important than parents are good parents from the outset, that school comes across as setting an example to all. School should be a third parent.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote