Neil
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Conservation area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady McGough
Does it seem daft to anyone that they'd make one side of Union road part of it and not the other side?
Not to me, I think they have only included the nice bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
What is the point of this meaningless title of 'conservation area' if council rules are flouted and no one does anything about it. The whole thing is a farce.
More fundemental than that Gary is why do we have a Conservation Area when no conserving happens?
What do you think a Conservation Area should mean?
I know I am not allowed to cut bits of my trees without giving the Council 6 weeks notice of intent in case they want to stick a preservation order on them. I do though every year or else someone might loose an eye as every year one of them is also hanging low over the footpath.
The thing that annoys me most is the fact that Rhyddings Park is in the Conservation Area, I have never seen any conservation going on in the park. I barely see any routine daily maintenance going on. That is why I got involved with the Friends group in the first place. Since Hyndburn Homes took over the housing stock the Parks Department lost several grounds people to Hyndburn Homes. Some one on the management side at HBC decided that they needed less people now they don't have to look after the grounds around the houses. So Hyndburn now has the massive number of 8 grounds people to look after 11 parks. A park like Rhyddings needs at least 2 people full time, we had 1 full time person last year and he could not cope on his own.
Ok moan over, sorry folks.