View Single Post
Old 15-06-2006, 07:32   #127
Wynonie Harris
Super Moderator

Re: Observer plug for Accy Web.

Greg, the Tories remain "essentially unchanged" in the sense that while the leadership have at least given lip-service to change the party activists are still traditional Tories. But the same can equally be said of Labour. How many rank-and-file party members are genuinely New Labour? The ones I've talked to are completely at odds with the party heirarchy on a whole range of issues from the Iraq war to tuition fees. However, you're right about the Tories not experiencing a defining "clause 4 moment" yet.

As for the karma, you're welcome (and don't forget, this is the second lot of karma I've given you, as I thought you deserved some for having the bottle to make an appearance on Accychat in the first place, in marked contrast to the reclusive Councillor Britcliffe). However you're now doubly welcome as I've just read elsewhere about your campaign to get Rovers and Burnley playing at home on the same days, enabling Stanley to play their home matches on alternate Saturdays with no competition from either of them. Obviously, too late for the coming season, but if this comes in for the 2007/08 season, I believe it will literally transform Stanley's fortunes. The best idea I've heard from a politician for a long time!