View Single Post
Old 22-06-2006, 12:55   #21
Madhatter
God Member

Re: HD TV, should you or shouldn't you

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender
I agree with you entirely about extended guarantees, thye really are a rip off, and if you put the same amount into a savings account, you would have more than enough to buy a new item when anything goes wrong with the orginal.
I have also had my Sky box for 7 years - at one time Sky used to keep pestering me to take out their service plan, pointing out that I would not get another sky box (+ fitting) for the same cheap price as my exssiting box. My answer to this was I would just buy a Freeview Box and then I wouldn't even have to pay the monthly subscription. I now have Freeview box for my portable (which is in the bedroom), and am finding that most of the programmes we like to watch are on freeview anyway, so I am seriously considering cancelling my sky package, which will save me £216 a year.
Normally I'd agree, except with a amstrad sky box, mine packed up afetr 12 months, and I ended up paying 80 quid for a recon one, but it was pace not amstrad rubbish. The old amstrad boxes were well know for packing up after 13 month, the pace was a lot better, and panasonic better still.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote