View Single Post
Old 22-06-2006, 23:56   #100
Madhatter
God Member

Re: Smokers unite before it is too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
I think that you may be attaching a stigma with the word 'drug', Madhatter.
A drug is any substance that alters your state of mind and/or physical state.
I think that many have the image of drug-users as skinny white boney folk cowering in corners in council houses with needles hanging out of their arms. In fact they couldn't be farther from the truth - respected upstanding members of society use drugs - politicians, solicitors, police officers etc etc etc.
I personally see cannabis as less dangerous & has more point of existence than tobacco.
The psychological impact it has is a little stronger - - but the potential to get addicted is very very low.
I would rather have someone slying a quick spliff next to me in a bus stop than a tobacco smoker anyday!!
Hell knows the government are losing out on millions in revenue...
Yes I suppose technically it is a drug, but I see it as being different for the reasons you state.
all the people I know that depend on weed to get them through the day, which although not in itself is addictive but the feel good factor of it can be, are thin gaunt and look ill. I mean people who smoke it all day every day. As I've said theres a big difference between that and a light user of it. I have no idea if it's made worse by the fact that these people are doing both hard drugs, heroin etc aswell as weed, but thats how they look. I'd much rather her smoke weed than being on hard drugs obviously.

I try to avoid her now but that very hard to do when your close to someone.

Just thought. maybe it's the heroin she craves but can't get it so she tries to substitute it with weed, and thats why she seems addicted.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote