Thread: Tropical Fish
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2006, 03:26   #15
mani
Senior Member+

Re: Tropical Fish

*LOL*

i've had two tanks runnin for about 3-4 yrs now - alot wiht a decent amount of success - only one massacre which was due to me cleanin the tank out cuz of a snail problem - but some did survive

now its ok got an algae problem but its all good...

i've been to quite alot of shops in the nw

barlows in accy is ok - good for local convinience - to buy fish food etc

aquamania (nr ice rink) has a excellant variety though the fish seem suspect buyin from there

pets at home (new store next to b&q in blackburn) decent selection but they generally have a real bad rep for the quality of fish keeping. this one seems ok though my mollys which are usually hardy fish didnt last. excellant for late nite as its the only store open till 8 on weekdays. excellant for supplies though.

aquascope (great harwood) - i simply love goin here for the large display fish tanks they have. 3-4ft sharks etc - go there on saturday at 2pm i htink for a feeding frenzy - selection of fish is excellant huge variety. these guys do have a good rep in the fishin community online. equipment is good - they have some stuff not found in other stores. bit pricey. but the BIGGGGGG downer for me is their service. the assistants just dont seem to be willing to get ur fish for u and seem to drag their heels and come across as quite unfriendly.

Northern Koi Aquatic & Pet Superstore (burnley) - i went to this once - it had an ok trop selection - more for outdoor fishes as the title suggests.

BRITAINS AQUATIC SUPERSTORE (bolton)- simply the best all around. this place must have some of the most comprehensive collections of fishes ever. there must be over 300 tanks in this place and its just phenomenal - cud do with better lighting as its a bit dark in places but cant fautl it really. the supplies side of things are stunning - well worth the trip with the kids if nothing else!! this place has a nationwide reputation and i've known londoners havin day trips to this place!

been to a few in preston but they were small nothing like aquascope or mania

http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/

that is THE definitive site for fishes and information - if those ppl cant help u with a prob no matter how unique it may be - no one can!