View Single Post
Old 28-06-2006, 11:13   #161
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: Smokers unite before it is too late.

I stopped several years ago then some kind policewoman got me started again.

I woke up in the middle of the night to find what to me at the time looked like a huge bloke standing in the doorway to my bedroom looking at me. He saw that I was awake and scarpered taking his mates (one of which was a girl – I heard her laughing) doing their stuff downstairs with him. By the time I got my wits together and got up they were all gone and so was the remote control for my telly but fortunately that was all.

I’ve been burgled before, several times, even whilst I slept but to wake up to a stranger looking at me was different. I’m no wimp but the incident unnerved me quite a lot and when the police arrived the policewoman could obviously see that I was rather agitated so she made me a cup of tea and gave me a fag and left me her packet. It was all well meant I’m sure but for that incident I would still be a none-smoker. But I would still have the same view about atmospheric pollution.