Thread: Have your say
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2006, 16:24   #15
lettie
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Have your say

Yes, it is a paper exercise and probably a forgone conclusion except that the powers that be are pretending it's not. It all boils down to cash and we should have all of our current services at both sites. There is no point having an A&E at both sites if only one of them has a fully functioning ICU. There is no point having high risk maternity patients on a site with no ICU. Having all services at both sites is in my opinion the only safe option, unfortunately it is not the 'money' option. This leads to the question: how much is a life worth?

As payers of NI and tax, we pay for these services and I do not believe for a minute that all of us will get the best possible services by splitting them between the 2 sites. I have had my say on the consultation papers and have gone for option B with added comments and arguments for keeping services as they are. At least I have the satisfaction of knowing that when the sh1t hits the fan (and it will), I can sit back and say 'I told you so.'

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote