View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 19:31   #29
shillelagh
God Member

Re: school uniform rip off

[quote=accymel]Even worse is when the school uniform allowance for 1st uniform for secondary [year 7] has been scrapped so those on very low incomes have been shafted on top of hiked fussy logo prices so how are they supposed to afford it - a nightmare i have to face next year where i will have to get a loan shark to get a school unform

Instead of going to a loan shark mel join the credit union. If you save for 13 weeks or longer you can get a cheap loan based on your savings. You have to pay it back in a year but its only 1% interest a month and its on the falling amount not on the total amount. You just have to save at the same time when you are paying your loan back. That is cheaper than a loan shark. I'm a member and also a volunteer at HHH Credit Union. It used to be Haslingden & Helmshore Credit Union but now its HHH - Haslingden, Helmshore & Hyndburn. If you work or live within the boundary of any of those you can join the credit union. Clayton has a branch set up they joined with Haslingden & Helmshore and extended the boundary.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote