View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 22:45   #7
claytonender

Re: Best Internet Provider ???

I am with Virgin, was previously with AOL for over 4 years. Until about 12 months ago their customer service was good, but it deteriated once it was transfered to India. In Feruary last year I was sent an update for my broadband modem driver after that I had loads of trouble, I had to keep uninstalling and reinstalling AOL for everything to work. Then in December last year I had terrible problems with my modem,I rang customer servicesand it turned out that the drivers they had sent me in February were wrong. I couldn't get a broadband connection and was told to sign into narrowband (at my own expence) and download the drivers again. This didn't work, so I rang Customer Services again and got fobbed off with other excuses, including the fact my modem was too old, I asked for a new one, but was told I would have to pay for it - which quite frankly wasn't on. As I had paid for my modem and now they gave them out free to anyone who signed up for broadband.
I decided to change to another ISP and chose Virgin because they gave you a free modem, and you don't have to sign up for contract. There are download limits, but it is very large, and they will tell you if you are going over it every month.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote