View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 22:49   #8
andrewb
God Member

Re: Best Internet Provider ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Just avoid Bulldog, you have been warned...

I've had a few, Freeserve and AOL both had fantastic customer service. I left Freeserve because they kept taking money out of the bank at comletely random times of the moth, ok if you've always money in the account, not ok when you get overdraft charges. I left AOL 'cos I couldn't stand having to have their browser open to use the net, and it had an auto-disconnect feature if I remember correctly. I fouund BT to have really torrid customer serveice, and I quite frankly, below par connection. They've also recently began to impose a download limit as a few other ISP's have, be on the lookout for that. I'm with Bulldog at the moment, they have awful customer service, and the line can drop a lot on random days, though it is usually ok. The telephone service provided is top notch though. I would leave, but they're trying to sell their customer database, so I'll stick it out for a while, see if it gets better, I'm also supposed to be getting upgraded from 8Mb to 16 Mb soon. My friend was on Pipex, he only left to join Bulldogs 16Mb service, despite my warnings, he's now in the same frustrating boat as me. He highly recommended Pipex to me at one point though
I have had bulldog for about 1.5years now, I have tried MANY ISP's, and Bulldog has been the best. I've only ever had 30mins downtime in that whole time. The line *never* drops, perhaps its your router/modem? I know the one they supply isn't that great. I've been upgraded to 16meg (I actualy get 18Meg) and they have the best network in the UK.

However as you say they're trying to sell customer base, as long as they dont introduce caps i'll stay with them because I know I can't get a better service elsewhere. The new owner would still have us all on the bulldog network so we should see no change.

To the original poster... stay away from AOL. Actualy stay away from everyone I don't have a positive thing to say about Freeserve/Wannado/Orange, Aol, Central Point, BT (worst customer service in existance)... I can't even remember who i've been with