View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 18:06   #119
Tinkerbelle
God Member

Re: Doe's Anyone Have This Film Please !!!

Right, I’ve had a number of enquiries as to who the e-bay seller is and with the threat of a 9pm karma bombing looming, I’d hate for anyone innocent to be wrongly deducted karma through shear guess work.

Some people are going to think it’s wrong to name the person, I myself do have mixed feelings about it but feel I have no option now.

who_eat_all_the_pies was kind enough to transfer the video to DVD and make a number of copies at no cost to anyone for the disc. I only distributed the copies to the people who asked for a copy of the film, again at no cost to anyone. It is who_eat_all_the_pies that is the e-bay seller .... or someone that shares their e-mail account.

Some people are going to think it is just as deceitful how I found out who it was, again I have mixed feelings, maybe I should have just left it alone but I was so angry at someone abusing the good nature of the accyweb members who had got this DVD together free of charge.

I bidded on a different DVD by the same seller, making sure I won the highest bid so that it would give me access to a few details that I hoped would give me a clue to their identity. The e-mail address to contact the seller was exactly the same as the e-mail address that who_eat_all_the_pies originally registered on accyweb with (which they’ve since changed) The same e-mail address has also been used on other websites accompanied with the same web name.

Now that I know who it is I’m just bitterly disappointed that they had to mock people in this thread with their comments condemning the seller. The people who think ‘good luck’ to them, I actually do agree to a point, I keep chuckling to myself how cheeky it is. £50 for something recorded from the TV Would I have done it myself? …. Well no I wouldn't. As a very noble person pointed out to me via private message, sometimes it’s just nicer to be nice.