View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 09:05   #25
accymel
I am Banned

Re: Jeanette Winterston - famous novelist

Gee i think some of us had those spells of feelings i did i'suppose it maybe a youth thing i dont know, but i left Accy moved 10miles away because i saw no future for me here at 17, i certainly had issues with my own parents & overcoming bullying from school i felt pre-judged & thats being a straight person lol i had issues with people that yeh i blamed the town for my misery. I think its one of those things you do & say when you move out & life in new pastures was better for you to grow as an individual, its easy to blame the town because that seemed the only logical explanation. I certainly learned that any town/city/place can be awful certainly when bad things or misery happens to you - then you realise the reality that its people not place, i moved back as the town i moved to became the 'source' of more misery & realised Accy was much better as they say grass isnt always greener LOL

Hey-ho 6yrs later i return back home to good old Accy worried that old feelings about me being back was gonna be right & well no thankfully proved me wrong been here ever since once i gave myself time to solve the real problem of putting past to bed & starting afresh here again, im enjoying my home!!!

Maybe if Ms Winterton had councellling for her past pain she could return to Accy & see it more in a different light - metaphorically its quite a beautiful picture once the smog clears
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote