View Single Post
Old 14-07-2006, 00:17   #13
Madhatter
God Member

Re: missed hospital appointments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
I was sat in the Doctors waiting room today and there was a notice up saying 82 missed Doctors appointments and 47 missed Nurse appointments this month. That's about 4 missed appointments a day. Given the fact that it's really hard to get an appointment then it's extremely frustrating that people book them and don't turn up - why bother?
Answer to this is simple.
Because it's so hard, people who have variable job hours such as me, I don't know which days I will be working, End up taking whatever appointments we can in the hope that we won't be working.
For example I know mondays are quiet, if I can get a monday appointment then great, I can book the day off as there's a good chance I won't work anyway. If I can only get a friday appointment there's a strong chance that I will be working. say I don't work monday, but work comes in on the friday . Do I keep the Appointment knowing I've already lost a day and could lose the contract for not taking the work and therefore make myself unemployed, or do I work.
Luckily I don't get ill much, but I've been trying to get to see the doc about my neck for two months now. Open surgery is a no no, it full of hypocondriacs that ljust go to read the magazines and have a chat with someone. there are no appointments when I want one cos of the hypercondriacs.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote