View Single Post
Old 19-07-2006, 22:00   #8
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: New kit looks the dogs whatsits

Game finished 3-0 but Stanley were never overawed by their premiership neighbours. Blackburn in the first half clearly had the better of the half and deservedly finished 1-0 up. 2nd half, both managers rang the changes and Stanley could quite easily have drawn level and in fact gone into the lead, however, it was not to be and a fairly strong 2nd half team featuring Kuqi and Tugay amongst others scored 2 more. Both Brown and Mangan had shots which missed wide of the target not by much though) and the sub keeper had to be on his mettle to tip over a shot late in the match from the Stanley no 19 (whose name escapes me). Mangan went off during the 2nd half with an injury, not sure if precautionary or more serious (I hope not). Todd looked good and Doherty and GW proved more than a nuisance factor. Fair play to Blackburn for bringing the first team, reserves and 2nd team. Crowd was announced at 2957, but god knows where another 2000 would have gone, looked more like 3957. Good game played at a cracking tempo in the heat, although a breeze did get up later in the evening. Kept my family happy by being able to talk to ex Wigan latic - Jason Roberts after the match!

Oh yes and the kit looks absolutely superb - will be in the queue when they come out next week - hopefully

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote