View Single Post
Old 21-07-2006, 21:22   #6
DeShark

Re: Unsafe Streets.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
We're kind of outnumbering the older people in this thread right now .
The grown ups are being racist/telling off racist people in the Alton Towers thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
I think it's solely down to upbringing. If your parents swear a lot around you or at you, you in turn use those words around others. If theres no punishment for beating someone up, for using inappropriate language around people whome don't want to hear it, for having no respect, then how are they ment to learn any?
I don't know about that. I'm sure that there's something deep down inside that tells us that these things are wrong. There's something that says we should stick up for each other. It's ingrained into all the major religions. Atheists don't believe in God... heaven... hell. Therefore there's no threat of hell for doing bad things. There's no reward in the afterlife for being good. But even if I were atheist, I would still look out for other people, I wouldn't steal, murder and do whatever I wanted. Upbringing is probably a factor, but these people still need to justify what they do. Surely?

It all reminds me of A Clockwork Orange though. They did it for the fun of it. They didn't need to justify it. They thought it was funny, they got their kicks and lived happily ever after. There were conscience-free. I think it's jealousy. They don't like the way that other people have more than they do. Mentally, solidarity-wise, socially, physically, money-wise. I think they should get off their asses and earn it for themselves. They're lazy and want to take it. Maybe it's my inner-tory (or fascist depending on your point of view) speaking out, but let's shoot them eh?
DeShark is offline   Reply With Quote