View Single Post
Old 23-07-2006, 18:28   #16
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: The Post Office Is Dying. Long Live The PO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
[SIZE=3. One day, with a bit of luck you might become a pensioner yourself and I suppose you will then whinge at the younger people as they push past you on the street or in a supermarket aisle.[/SIZE]

Is this what I served in the Navy for and worked damned hard all my life at the expense of my health, to be treated like some pariah?
Well, if you care to take a look at my age, you will notice that I am already a pensioner Jambutty, but, unfortunately, not in a postion yet to retire.

I don't think I am particularly a selfish person, just trying to say that 'new' pensioners (like myself) and for the past twenty years are used to paying through direct debits, etc. Yes, I know, they do go wrong sometimes and you have to keep a watchful eye on your statements, never had any trouble myself though. Sorry made the remark about waiting .. can't go after work anyway, shuts before I finish, but not really safe is it ?

I don't think it would be very difficult, for the people say over 80 to pay in this type of safer way, Margaret helps her mum to get to the Post Office, sure she can help set up different modes of payment or depositing.

As to budgeting, well, I am not a financial wizard by any means, but I now know how much is going in and total payments per month going out on certain dates and how much each week will be left over for food, and saving for maintenance, etc... and all written down for me in a twice monthly statement, or weekly if you require it.

I don't think you are a Pariah Jambutty, but you certainly have sharp teeth
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web