Thread: Second homes!
View Single Post
Old 28-07-2006, 17:37   #3
entwisi
God Member

Re: Second homes!

I see the privacy peeps being up in arms if you tried to 'log' where people are. As for second homes, I agree with MH, If I save up and choose to buy a second home with my money as opposed to blowing it all on drink, drugs and debaucery then that is my choice. I do however think that you should pay something all year and TBH I think 90% does seem a fair figure. People aren't in it to create rubbish but the wagon still has top drive by to see if there is any. Likewise the street lights have to be on in case you decide to turn up at some ungodly hour. Services still need to be supplied to a degree so payment should be forthcoming.

The argument of outsiders pushing up prices simply doesn't hold weight I'm afraid. Look at Accy, I don't see many city slickers buying property here but we were still in the top 10 of price rises a year or so back. In reality even here people on minimum wage (which there are a heck of a lot of ) would struggle to afford a mortgage on a basic 2 bed terrace.(min wage ~£220/week, 2 1/2 times joint salary, ~£55K tops for the mortgage. That just about gets you a terrace in need of work nowadays)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote