View Single Post
Old 29-07-2006, 09:00   #13
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Exclamation Re: The Property Ladder

Many Councils have gone and are going down the “selling most of their council stock to a housing association” road shillelagh even if it means forming a new association, like Blackburn did with Twin Valley Homes.

However TVH are building new properties for rent. But the problem of waiting lists still remains although today, as far as TVH is concerned, it appears to be much fairer and you get three bites at the cherry before you go back to the bottom.

Well I’ll be hornswaggled – I HAVE used the dollar sign haven’t I. But I did use the pound sign once. Come on! That has to be worth something? Can I plead insanity, old age, carelessness? I’ve put it right now. Much obliged for pointing it out lettie.

I do press the right keys Neil but not as Eric or was it Ernie who stated, “not in the right order”. I’m not a typist in the true sense of the word. In fact I’m not a typist in any sense of the word. I get by and Word helps a lot.

I wasn’t aware that overcrowding is no longer a reason to be re-housed harwood_red. Maybe it is selective? Nor was I aware of the terms for the ‘right to buy’ for new TVH tenants. That does put a slightly different slant on the topic.