Thread: Programmes
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 09:51   #17
Mancot Blue

Re: Programmes

The club only produce 1,200 copies of the programme, which is a load of pap full of spelling, grammatical and general errors anyway, and obviously there were 2,500 MORE supporters than programmes. It didn't help that certain people were buying 20, 25 and 50 at a time - clearly non-supporters or either team, and someone is selling copies on Ebay for £20 - what a joke!

Boycott Ebay, and buy directly from Chester City FC for the cover price. I'm sure you have the details on how to do that already, but see our official website for more information - http://www.chestercityfc.net

I hope you all enjoyed your day yesterday, regardless of the result, but to me it seems you're going to struggle with the strength and style of the division IF you continue to play like that. However, it is of course very early days yet! We had ten new signings on the field, with only the Chairman's son (our "captain" and probably our weakest link) starting from last season's team. I thoguht we bossed the first 20 minutes but once we took the lead we let you back into it although I personally felt you didn;t really test our 'keeper.

We seem to be a typical Mark Wright side, very strong at the back with big defenders who look difficult to beat, and we'll be relying on set pieces and narrow wins for most of the season! We won;t concede many but I don't think we'll be taking games 4-0 and 5-0. It has to be said that not ALL teams in the division play like we did yesterday, and there are more cultured sides who knock the ball around well - Wycombe for one. The four teams who have come down from League One will probably be the same. However, teams do need strength in key areas of the park and if you can start winning individual battles you will have a decent season.

As I say, very early days yet so most of my comments are probably pointless but there you go. Enjoy the season.

P.S. I understand one or two weren't quite happy with the entrance prices yesterday. A word of warning, we are just about average for the division.
Mancot Blue is offline   Reply With Quote