Thread: Tonights Gate
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 12:00   #15
Redraine
Resting in Peace

Re: Tonights Gate

"I would have thought well over 4000,the stand was full, even allowing for Directors ect, ther would have been over 1100 sat down, I also think that Darlington brought more like 1100 than 700 odd"

What is it with you people? We have never had anything like a full house on here. Rovers v. Burnley cup tie in 1960 with 56,000 on - now that was a full house - I only saw the ball when it was hoofed in the air! Last night on the Clayton end we were moaning about what a poor gate it was - 2600 was obviously about right. I don't think the weather was an excuse, as it was perfectly OK about the time most people would have been setting off for the ground - plenty of lovely wet T-shirts to be seen later though. The Accy public will NOT turn out in big numbers unless we are riding high in the league, or on a good cup run, and comparisons with the fold-up 44 years ago are completely valid. It hurt like hell to see the poor turn out for such a momentous occasion, but it's no good beating ourselves up about it. The lack of a roof IS a factor and if we don't speculate on a roof very soon things will only get worse. C'mon Eric, swallow your pride and get some investment in please.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote