cherokee
God Member

Re: New Subway store!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
Subway? Starbucks?
Bog off.

I hate all these chains with a passion.
What we really need is to get some decent shops back in; I was working around Clitheroe a couple of weeks ago & it's so refreshing not to see Poundlands & phone shops & more chuffing phone shops all over the place! Proper antique shops, materials, arts shops, record shops - you know what I mean. Quirky stuff.
It's the quirkiness that is going to attract people to this town not pretending to be a mini-Manchester & actually coming across as a skanky little wannabe town full of drunks & kids with ASBO'S.

i agree whats going on here ?? i grew up over there and was there till untill a few years back .. i used to so love shopping round accrington was a weekly ritual my mum and me in town each sat ..then came along the arndale ..well that lasted didnt it ?was lovely at first then shopkeepers couldnt afford rents then the last time i was there about 2 yrs ago there was nothing but pound shops and no character accy used to be something to be proud of and then you get an up and coming council that dosent give a damn about what the people want.. must admit blackpool isnt much better ..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote