Thread: Parking Wardens
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2006, 20:35   #42
Busman747
Always EVIL within us

Re: Parking Wardens

My opinion? Traffic wardens are necessary in any town Accy included! However, it seems that locally, most streets are not patrolled which is where the system fails.

I drive large vehicles and am often "stuck" at junctions because of idiots that park on street corners in their Clio's and are oblivious to anything that is longer than 8ft.! On the other hand, I live within 1 mile of the town centre yet park almost every night on double yellow lines (but not causing any obstruction to the largest of vehicles.)

It is incredible what you can get away with in Accy, A couple of weeks back, I was driving a service bus thru the bus station and tried to turn right into Bridge St. I was blocked by a "woman" (sorry ladies) who was travelling down Bridge St. the WRONG way (one way and exclusively for buses except "access") and she expected me to reverse to let her drive thru the Bus Station! NO F**-er-flipping way! Where were the Police/Traffic Wardens? Nowhere to be seen. A one off? NO! She has passed me in Bridge St. on many occasions.

Either scrap the warden system, or give them real powers to fine a driver on the spot! Have you noticed that now, wardens not only have to write the ticket but also need to take photographs to PROVE beyond doubt that said car was illegally parked?