View Single Post
Old 18-08-2006, 17:58   #4
g jones
Senior Member+

Re: Private Finance Initiative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb
Hey, Jambutty - You're busy today! The problem with "public services" such as the NHS is that the public isn't actually involved. Once you have a third party payer in the equation, such as the government using tax money as a funding mechanism, the consumers have no control at all. Someone else is making healthcare decisions for you - i.e., what you can have, how much of it you can have, when you can have it and, yes, even whether you can have it at all. I much prefer a true free market approach with no government involvement whatsoever. The government does nothing well and always brings along with it a vast bureaucracy, which sucks up valuable resources. Prices are manipulated and shortages inevitable. Having lived under both systems, I vastly prefer the free market. It's a good, efficient, flexible system here - despite what you may have heard or read.
Have you checked a health insurance policy State's side for your family? Try it online and prepare to be shocked by free markets and their ability to empty your bank account.

There is no doubt Bevan's NHS reduced Health Care costs in the UK substantially over the free market.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote