View Single Post
Old 23-08-2006, 15:27   #19
CusCus

Re: Were They Right To Object?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
You really are a total ****** at times, Rindy. Do you know how many people were shot by the cops in Britain last year? About half a dozen - with only two or three fatally. This contrasts with a ten times that number in Spain, France and Germany.

I suspect your not-so-subtle reference is to that dodgy Brazilian, who no doubt had he been in this country legally would not have struggled when confronted by armed police and thus would still be alive today.
Not wanting to get dragged into this too much, but I think you are being harsh on the Brazilian.
The cops in his country shoot young men a LOT. I'm not surprised he ran away at all and expect he would have done so if he was a fully paid up member of society, especially given how the Met are prone to react to things (I live in London and am happy to give examples of over zealous armed police. Two weeks after the poor Brazilian I had 4 SO-19 goons pointing guns at me.)

It's an interesting contrast with other European countries, but their even worse performances should not be used as justification for poor policing on our doorstep. (Well, in that case MY doorstep, 4 balaclavad cops pointing an assortment of firearms at my head)
CusCus is offline   Reply With Quote