View Single Post
Old 23-08-2006, 15:50   #21
CusCus

Re: Were They Right To Object?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Wrong, wrong, wrong. The simple fact is the cops in this country do not shoot people 'alot'. The stats show that for themselves. we may well see more armed cops on the streets, but unless you want to pick a fight with 'em or violently resist arrest in the middle of an anti-terrorist operation, you are unlikely to be shot.

Brazilian cops shoot thousands each year, many just unarmed children.

Read, read, read,.....
I said HIS country not THIS country................feel free to re-read my post and retract your wrongwrongwrong! I never said anything about the cops in this country shooting people a lot. So, nowt to argue about!

ps the pass mark for SO-19 is 70%........I really hope they don't get things wrong 30% of the time.

There were 5 police shootings (ie shooting at other people) since the IPCC was set up (april 04) to the IPCC meeting the family of the poor lad in August 2005. At least one was in error, so that's 20%. The stats and simple facts show that for themselves, as you say

Brazilian cops shoot thousands each year, many heavily armed children (doesn't make it right, obviously)

Last edited by CusCus; 23-08-2006 at 15:59.
CusCus is offline   Reply With Quote