View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 08:36   #14
HarryX
I am Banned

Post Re: Keeping things on-topic!

Majority rules and I didnt follow it up presuming I was in the minority.

Maybe the problem seems more prominant for me as a regular user of the last 10,20,50 posts... I havent the will to go through every thread on the messageboard looking for somehting interesting.. So first thing in the morning I go to last 50 messages.. most morning all 50 consist of tittle tattle that really belongs in a chatroom. its usualy of no interest to anyone bar the two or three people talking. its never a serious discussion , just silly amblings.

Last 50 posts being full of the above emans I miss threads started 60 messages ago during the night.

I have a constructive suggestion Roy!
Setup a cron job so the chatroom is only available between say 10pm and 1am every night.. three hours where they can get it out of there system.. Also maybe drop the top five posters thing as I sometimes get the impression people are just trying to get there message count up..

Sorry to be a party pooper but as Roy himself pointed out. this is not what the messageboard is supposed to be about.  I hope these comments dont put anyone off posting and I am not blaming anyone.  I really do like everyone who posts and don't want to fall out... But the messageboard is going downhill and seems to belong to 5 people... new people arrive but where are the serious conversations for them to join in with?

Remember how it used to be?

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote