Old 30-08-2006, 22:58   #13
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Good Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmc
Well then our Mel !!!, did you forget what my Dad told me !! - forget the 10 commandments - there are only 2 !! - "Be honest and be truthful" - I guess they just about cover everything else huh !!

And another of his famous comments regarding bringing up kids "give em what they need, not neccessarily what they want" - put your own slant to that comment, but I know what he meant, and if they needed a clip round the lughole they got it, and if they needed something to help their education or broaden their social/life skills they got that too

There was a guy who told it from life experiences too - went through WW2, Dunkirk and all - POW for 3 yrs - then later went on to have 8 children, lost his wife, when the youngest (me) was 1 year old - brought us all up and carried on working full time too - how many so-called "new men" could handle that !!!

and for info for fellow readers - the song is "Deodata" by Les Crane, released in the 70's - please listen to the words
desiderata 1972.lol