View Single Post
Old 31-08-2006, 18:04   #25
Len
God Member

Re: Being screwed by employer....

Just a thought and to bring the thread back on topic.

It may not be a case of victimization, bullying or constructive dismissal. It may well be something as simple as fear? What I mean by this is that perhaps the gaffer/Forman etc is a bit reluctant to challenge certain employees due to their attitude towards him. I have had experience of something similar to this.
Due to certain employee’s attitudes towards the gaffer. i.e. Giving lip, answering back and even, dare I say, telling one to f off. Even though it was said flippantly it must be very embarrassing for any gaffer to have been shown disrespect like that. As a result the gaffer may now tend to befriend, treat like gods the offenders in the hope that he won’t get any more agro from them (stay clear off, turn a blind eye etc).

So as you can imagine some people can break company rules i.e. time keeping, reading news papers, leaving doors open etc etc yet others are held to account for their miss deeds. Thus leaving you with the feeling that perhaps this is constructive dismissal, bullying, victimization etc etc, when at the end of the day its none of those is simply a case of, the gaffer daren’t challenge the others. It’s sad really because it does make you feel bad especially when you see others getting away with murder and your not.

Or is it paranoia?
Len is offline   Reply With Quote