Thread: pc help needed
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 23:06   #11
Madhatter
God Member

Re: pc help needed

Did you sort this out cherokee? Because it sounds like a hardware problem if you stopped shutdown but it still shuts down.

I fixed the pc Entwisi symptoms were automatically reseting. As if I'd pressed the reset button. It was worse the more the pc had to work. A virus makes a pc work harder so maybe thats what cherokee's problem is/was.

Thanks very much for finding me the drivers. I don't know what I did wrong the first time but when I tried again and it said you must reboot for changes to take affect I didn't do, I just swaped the cards.
My friend on Blackpoolweb has kindly given me a slightly better card so I'm going to see if I can fit that in the future. BUT although the fan was sticking on the graphics card(noisey ****** it was, at least this is fan less) it wasn't that.
I swapped the power supply for the one off that pc thats waiting to go back and it worked. SO, where can I get a good power supply at a reasonable price 350 watt the last one was and how do I know what sockets I need. This one just had a 20 pin one, a 4 pin square one, and two sets of drive connectors, but they don't say it in english in the ads do they.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote