View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 11:18   #43
accymel
I am Banned

Re: Being screwed by employer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Thats fair enough and I daresay they have there day and are a help.. But I think they went a long way to ruining this country and we would have been better off without them.. so the bit of good they can do in no way makes up for the bad they have done in my opinion..
Mmmmm really thing is with decline of unions like owt else theres always something that fills the void..........................like greedy solicitors firms seems the only way to stand up for employments rights these days, unfortunately they are dragged out over a long period of time till resolution even if case is staked against the employer & usually at the solicitors best interests not necessarily the claiments - they have now taken over the unions & money talks more than anything, least in majority of cases as i know with growing up with my dad being a union rep he got things resolved as quickly & fairly as possible, also the worrying thing is we all get a job at some point but how many people do actually know their employment rights & that of the employer????????

So without reliable near source advice unless cost of a sols many dont realise if there are problems that could of been highlighted till it becomes serious & some employers abuse that, personally thats where unions were good for. As such in life that some people get an inch & pull it a mile.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote