View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 22:22   #6
morgan_brotherz

Re: Anti-Social Pensioners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_bean
I was watching 'The One Show' last night (don't ask me why, its not my normal viewing) and there was a story about an elderly man who had been attacked in a seaside town somewhere (I forget the name.. sorry). He walked throught the streets with a broken nose and two broken wrists, past quite a few people and nobody offered him any help.

The BBC then decided to employ actors to see if anybody in the town would actually help. One of these people was a lady who appeared to be pregnant and was clearly distressed. Anyway, now i get to my point...

The lady walked past a pair of elderly women who did not offer her any help. When the BBC correspondant asked them why they had not helped her they said, "Well we are only here for the day."

Now, if that isn't anti-social then i don't know what is!
Couldnt agree more. We did something like that at college. Had a pot put on a boy on his foot, gave him some crutches etc.. and secretly filmed him falling in Rawtenstall town centre. Not one person (Including these rebelious pensioners) stopped to see if he was alright.

Hehe. Funny though.
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote