View Single Post
Old 17-09-2006, 12:21   #1
talentedbutslow

Shame on you America

A message posted in my MSN groups room.........

I just watched a documentary on New Orleans one year on from 'Katrina'.

It amazes me Mr Bush can afford to send troops to far flung countries to risk their lives but in New Orleans has done ****** all , whole communities have not even been cleaned up, damaged homes and debris litter the whole area, there is no reason they cant at least clean up the mess even if they cant repair the damaged properties.

I cant help but believe this is because New Orleans has a predominatily black population , i cannot fathom any other reason.

Television news reports from the area are rare , but inevitably one year on some news casts were aired, showing us his failed promises.

No bluddy wonder Almonds posts lack the humour and zest they once had , living under such conditions would be so difficult especially knowing the levys are only patched and at any given time may again fail.

We regularly are shown the wonderful times to be had in Florida and California where the US govt seem to fund anything yet leave New Orleans like a rubbish dump.

An absolute disgrace !!

PS:
If anyone has an email addy to contact the relevant authorities i'd like it just to let them know how poorly i believe they have acted.

I,d like that addy too.........Tal

ps Almond is one of my members and lives in New Orleans
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web