Thread: Watford Game
View Single Post
Old 20-09-2006, 13:21   #109
Tealeaf
God Member

Re: Watford Game

Just a few observations from an exile here in London:

1) Never trust the media in what they report as comment. Although The Times is one of the best of the bunch in reporting 'facts', it would be interesting to see if Mr Coleman decides to illuminate (on this mornings publication) in the local media and to see if he stands by it or if he wishes to correct it.

He may stand by them or he may not; but the simple fact is that he is a hard taskmaster and his achievements are measured by what he has done over the last years. Who would have imagined 6 or 7 years ago that we would be giving a Premiership side such a hard-fought game, and coming away with a narrow defeat but with such boosted pride?

2) The Drum. Last night it was played as it should be played, certainly in the last few minutes of normal time and in the last ten minutes of extra time: with the crowd, it was awesome. I thought at one point the roof (what is a roof, you may ask?) was going to come down. The rythym and noise were perfect.

3) The fans - and lots of 'em. From reading this yesterday morning I got the impression that we would be seeing no more than a hundred or so at the game; I made a rough count of 3 or 4 hundred, without full vision. Other than the Ultras and the regular supporters down here, there was an awful lot of new faces to be seen last night. I took 2 along and they were both gobsmacked by the game and the rest of the Accy support.

Well done, everyone.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 20-09-2006 at 13:23.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote