View Single Post
Old 26-09-2006, 07:28   #5
Gayle
God Member

Re: Town with no Post Office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda

Incidentally, the main Ossy Post Office was opened as an opticains after its closure, by Britcliffe chum Kevin Horkins, which lasted about six months after being launched in a blaze of publicity, and now sadly still stands empty.

It lasted less than six weeks - it was opened in Nov and closed by Christmas.!!!!

Whilst I'm obviously unhappy about the loss of a post office in Ossy, if the services are catered for elsewhere I guess there isn't too much of a problem (as long as it is totally catered for and we don't have a drop in service - most likely to be the case). My main concern is the fact that we'll have another empty shop. When I did my Talking Shop thing the same things kept cropping up time and time again - a town full of kebab shops and hairdressers; no future for the town; my regular customers are older people.

The last one is the key really. If all the regular customers to local shops are older people (time on their hands and live local in condensed terraced houses) then the sad fact is that the local shopper is a dying breed.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote