View Single Post
Old 28-09-2006, 12:27   #10
Dan
Senior Member+

Re: Accys best asset

I am one of the aforementioned fools.

I am not arguing. I am indeed a fool, and as someone who talks about football for a living, clearly wasn't knowledgeable or skilled enough to get a jon WITHIN the game.

The Gary Roberts comments came about through the sheer frustration of watching him. I like Gary very much. He is an extremely talented footballer, and a very nice bloke to boot. And when he deserves praise (as in for his recent run of goals, which has been sensational) then he gets it.

However, on the occasion in question, at Bury on Tuesday, I did criticise him. Having sung his praises for the goal he scored and the work he did in the final and middle third of the pitch, I was extremely alarmed by his tendency to try a stepover, or a flick or any kind of trick at any opportunity. Perhaps I am alone in thinking that attempting a stepover followed by a pirouette inside your own half whilst defending is not something to be praised or encouraged.

And as for having an "agenda" Redraine, I am extremely offended that you could make any such judgement without even listening to a minute of the coverage in question.

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote