Thread: Am I Racist?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 15:25   #87
Who knows
Junior Member+

Re: Am I Racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I don't know if Madhatters post is racist but the employers sound like they may be Polist if they are specifically paying Polish workers less than the minimum wage. How are they getting away with it?

Any hope of Poppy apologising yet for misrepesenting me? To be falsely accused like that is verging on slander (or is it libel?) I'm 'libel' to get confused with those two the more I think about it.
With reference to the polish...i have spent a few hours researchin this and as far as i can tell the NMW (national minimum wage) Applies to UK workers irrelivant of their origin or color, be it pink white black yellow with green spots (couldnt resist it sorry). There are however some exceptions :

Apprentices.
Members of the armed forces.
Share fishermen.
Volunteer workers.
Prisoners employed during their sentence.
The self-employed.
Au pairs and nannies

I have also spoken about this to a director within a company i work 4 and he has a friend in the Inland revenue. Unfortunately he is on holiday in the SeaShells till this tuesday...when i find out the response ill post it as a matter of interest to anyone that is curious.

We live in a multi cultural society with freedom of speech... Its a common thing that people generalise and stereotype groups of people, but in my opinion its sadly not without some justification.Gypsies for instance (travellers if im being politically correct). Whats the first thing that comes into your head?Muslims?jews?Christians?whites?black?African-american etc etc.

Im not a racist at all, but i do hate religion and what it can do to people.
Who knows is offline   Reply With Quote