View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 17:47   #10
Bazf
Senior Member+

Re: Sometimes humor is all that's left.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billcat
Not much evidence for that "half the Cuban population" claim that I can find. Would you please provide a link to where you got the info? Thanks!

I'm no fan of Castro (or of any dictator, friend or foe), but the past forty years have proven that US foreign policy toward Cuba has completely failed to bring Castro down. And yet we persist with the same failed policy. What a waste!
Not really a waste as he has had no power to do anything, bringing him down has never been a policy of the USA since after the collapse of the cold war, just containment and not letting the Communists dictate the whole south American policy. I have 2 questions though, When he dies will all the so called exciles go back as they claim or is life to rosey in the US? Secondly the main threat isn't Cuba but Chavez in Venezuela, he will be a big problem if he gets voted on to the UN security council to the Latin American seat, a post that would place it in a position to destabilise U.S. and European policies. Why is the Labor party supporting him?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote