Thread: Am I Racist?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 01:16   #140
Madhatter
God Member

Re: Am I Racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Well actually no, Madhatter my complaint against Poppy is about being misquoted and being held up to be a racist and then being accused of backpeddalling when I pointed out the mistake. I can see nowhere at all where I have misquoted or misunderstood Poppy. As I said earlier if Poppy had been gracious enough then to accept that what I'd actually said wasn't what he'd thought I'd said I would have happily accepted that and all would have been forgotten as far as I was concerned but no, like a dog with a bone Poppy just had to blindly insist that I hadn't been misquoted, msrpresented or misunderstood but that I had changed my tune and (I quote) "backpeddalled" when I had done no such thing. THAT was when I became extremly angry rather than merely irritated.

Guts to have ones own opinion I fully support 100% whether I agree with the opinion or not, and in this case I actually do agree with the sentiment that there is no place for racism on this message board or anywhere else on the internet or in real life for that matter. In fact if you care to look back Roy has always been hot on dealing with racist comments here and has banned certain words from use on the board due to their racist implications.

The point is that I for one don't like being slagged off as a racist when I'm not and I'm sure that's exactly how others feel too.

I was willing to accept the original apology had I not been personally insulted subsequently. How woukd you feel if somebody took a post of yours, told the world that you'd said exactly the opposite and then proceeded to condemn you for what you didn't say? Yes I'm still a bit more than miffed and would appreciate a public apology on that one. Maybe then I'll consider granting a bit of karma for having the guts to stand up and admit he was wrong.

I find the last part
of your post rather peculiar considering Poppy, according to his profile, is a 48 year old male.
You're missenterpreting each others comments, he/she thinks that your comments are meaning something different to what they are meant, thats a missunderstanding.
You know that you're not racist and thats all that counts.

Most of the negative karma I get is because people have took my post and twisted it to something that it's not. It seems it's the thing to do on purpose a lot of the time in here, some are certainly not genuine missunderstandings but vendeters by retards who only see one point of view and jump to the conclusion that it's not shared as you know.

To me this thread is about what is racist and what isn't, not who said and who twisted because all,or most can see whats happened in that respect, and know that you aren't. This is the best thread thats been on here in ages and for some reason i get chastised for pointing that out. Someone must agree because its's got five stars.
I couldn't really care less about the karma as I hardly come here much now, I used to just to keep my post count up and to try to add a different point of view to threads but I'm bored now so go elsewhwere. Less, tealeaf and AB don't contribute as much now either, all also have their own point of view so no doubt that will please some too.

Bit confused as I thought poppy was fem, so obviously I don't know poppy, but that doesn't change that fact that they do have the guts to give their opinions right or wrong, and the fact that they are against racism is a good quality. Poppy just needs to remember too pc is bad, it in itself is bordering on racism.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote