View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 16:20   #3
lettie
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Rules of engagement

Hi Tricia.

Using the normal search function instead of FAQs will throw up a multitude of threads where karma etc has been discussed. Just for you here is a quick run down of Accyweb..

Karma = a reward system bestowed by other members for a good, funny, helpful post. Karma can also be deducted so watch out..

Power = denotes how much karma a person can give to you. Your power increases the longer you are a member, the more you post and the more karma you have yourself. Power doesn't usually kick in until you have 100 posts on the forum, not including the Anything Goes section.

Ackers = Accywebs very own currency. The more you post, the more ackers you earn. You can gamble them in the Accyweb bookies or spend them in the Accyweb shops (when/if they are up and running again). You could buy different coloured user names etc with your ackers.

User names = Some of our names come up on the who has visited the site list in different colours. I'll try to get this straight
Thin black = member
Thick black = moderator
Thin green = member who has donated to the forum but has less than 1,000 posts
Thick green = member who has donated but has more than 1,000 posts
yellow/gold = member who won an Accyweb award (see Anything Goes section)

Donations = It is possible to make a donation to Accyweb for the upkeep and running of the site. As a reward for making a donation you receive extra perks. Underneath your User Name you will see that yours currently says 'junior member'. Mine says something different because one of the extra perks is that I can change mine whenever the fancy takes me.

I hope that I have managed to clarify a few things for you (and that I've got it right)

If you have any more questions then jump into the Questions and Answers part of the forum and ask away...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote