Thread: Karma
View Single Post
Old 15-10-2006, 13:57   #126
Tricia

Re: Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len
I did not mention you in my post
I checked back, and I can't see where Len blew the gaff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Len had no right to make this info common knowledge... you as a moderator should not use this imformation in your posts.
Well, I for one was in the dark about your "midemeanours" until you let the cat out of the bag yourself (bagpuss... cat... bag?? Oh, forget it!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipax
i dont recall seeing any instruction or rules as to what karma is for and how to use it
Which was exactly my point when, recently, I asked for this sort of info to be available on the site. Then people would know where they stand, and whether they are out of line or not.

Not having much to lose, I can safely stick my neck out. I'm not really bothered about it anyway. If people like to hand it out, then I am pleased, but if they want to take it away, it's no big deal. I intend to carry on making posts in good faith, and do not intend to deliberately "wind people up", except perhaps in fun.

It does disappoint me, though, when people leave positive karma and don't acknowledge it, and when it's negative, it is chickening out not to admit responsibility.

I wholeheartedly agree with Grannyclaret and Silvermain:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
to not sign it either...well, that was cowardly too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermain
Why doesnt anyone sign them when sending them? Spineless.
It certainly shouldn't be a tit for tat exercise.

I'm with Garinda:

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I don't think any of us can decide who is or isn't an interesting or funny poster on Accy Web. We all have different likes and dislikes.
Exactly. We are not all necessarily on the same wave length, and people need to make allowances for that fact. If you don't like something, just ignore it - unless, of course, it is directed at you, in which case you have every right to retaliate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len
Good hard debates are fine but childish arguing serves no purpose at all
Hear, hear.

Well, at least reading this thread I learned a bit more about karma. Interrresteenk...

Tricia

Tricia is offline   Reply With Quote