View Single Post
Old 18-10-2006, 21:39   #8
entwisi
God Member

Re: It’s Almost Tomorrow

Actually JB, none of this scaremongering would actually happen. If Holland can have such a vast amount of its land 'below sea level' then why can't the rest of the world. As for the oil field, most of our oil comes from under the sea anyway so a few feet of sea water isn't likely to dissuade people from extracting it. as fpr killing billions, I'm sorry, your own argument says millimeters/year, people won't be taken by surprise at that sort of rate.

Yes there may be migratory issue as people move away from places at risk but see my argument about Holand and actually you see that the chance of it happening is actually very slim

Oil may be a finite resource, we are getting a heck of a lot better at harnessing stuff like solar power. Hydo electric (Wave generators, in your apocalyptic world there is plenty of ocean hence plenty of tides to harness the power of.)

Its a shame that a good discussion (power consumption and how aware are you of your usage) has been tainted by such sensationalistic claptrap.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote