View Single Post
Old 19-10-2006, 09:03   #6
Neil
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Rhyddings Park Lottery Grant

As far as I know the £50,000 does not form part of the £1 million. This grant has been applied for by HBC and not the Friends but I do have a good understanding on how it all works. This first stage will allow HBC to bring in the experts to consult with local residents to find out what we want in the park. They will then draw up plans with costings etc to form the second stage of the bid for approval by the lottery funders. It is a very slow process, it has taken over a year so far and this is not due to HBC but the funding body. They returned the initial bid and recommended HBC re submit it to a newly created scheme. This meant HBC had to rewrite the bid to meet the new critera. They then returned the bid saying the consultancy fees were too high. This was adjusted and re submitted by HBC. It was returned again saying the consultancy fees were now too low. It was finally resubmitted and accepted. You can see the hoops the lottery funder is making HBC jump through.

In fact I am only making assumptions as to what is going on from the news on 107 The Bee yesterday.
I am still waiting for the Council to actually remember that they set up a Friends of Rhyddings Park and officially inform us of this superb news.

Last edited by Neil; 19-10-2006 at 17:23.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote